Standard package tour
Destination: Delhi-Shimla- Sarahan - Sangla - Chitkul -Nako - Kaza -Manali-Delhi
Day 1 Italy-Delhi
.Departure from italy & arrive in Delhi at night.
.The day is dedicated to a first sightseeing of Old & New Delhi,or rest.
.Overnight at Hotel Delhi in Karol Bagh.
Day 2 Delhi - Shimla(TRAIN/CAR)
.In the morning transfer to New Delhi railway station to board the Shatabdi Express to Kalka(5hrs) or Drive by car to Shimla(10hrs)
.Change train at Kalka & board Toy Train to Shimla (6hrs),it's a narrow gauge railway line built during the British era.
. It is famous for breathtaking views of the hills and surrounding villages.
. Reach Shimla & transfer to the hotel.Over night at the hotel Spring Field or Wood Villa.
Day 3 Shimla (Full day sight seeing),(CAR & WALK)
· After breakfast excursion to Jakhu temple,Viceregal Lodge.
· Afternoon at leisure (one can visit the Mall Road,The Ridge,Lakkar bazar ).
· Overnight at hotel.
Day 4- Shimla - Narkanda - Sarahan(CAR)
· After breakfast start of the jeep safari to reach Sarahan (174Km , 1920 M) via Narkanda (2690 M).
· In Sarahan visit Bhimakali temple, a combination of Buddhist and Hindu Architecture.
· Overnight at hotel Srikhand or Green Valley.
Day 5 Sarahan - Kalpa (CAR)
· In the morning after breakfast start of the safari to Kalpa
(around 3000 M),which is famous for grapes grown in its vicinity, wood carvings of old houses and temples and deodar trees,and above all for the magnificent views of the Kinnaur Kailash massif.
· Overnight at hotel Kinner Villa or Grand Shangrila.
Day 6 Kalpa - Nako (CAR)
After breakfast start of the safari to reach Nako (3,662 M).
· Nako lake is surrounded by willow and poplar trees. Near the lake there are four buddhist temples, and there is also a footlike impression ascribed to the saint Padmasambhava.
· Overnight stay in the tented camp Kinner Camps
Day 7 -Nako-Tabo- Kaza(CAR)
· After breakfast start of the safari for Kaza (3450 M)
· Enroute visit Tabo Monastery (3200+M). Seen from outside it is an insignificant mud structure,but inside it has very old,beautiful statues and frescoes which earned Tabo the epithet of Ajanta of Himalayas.
· Reach Kaza in the evening.
· Overnight stay in the hotel Spiti Sarai.
Day 8-Kaza-Kye -Kibber
· After breakfast excursion to Ki Monastery.
.The most impressive monastery of Spiti has rare paintings and scriptures on display and affords beautiful views over the surroundings.
· After visiting the gompa,further drive to Kibber village,9 kms away (4200 m ) at the edge of the high pasture country on the right side of the valley,and the start of the trek to Tso Moriri lake and Ladakh.
· Return to Kaza for overnight stay in Spiti Sarai.
Day 9 - Kaza - Pin Valley(Kungri,Sagnam,Mud)
· After breakfast drive to Pin Valley and visit of Kungri Monastery,with 3 rooms built several centuries ago and the new structure inaugurated in 2004 by the Dalai Lama.Then proceed to Mud,last inhabited centre of the valley and starting point for treks over Bhaba pass to Kafnoo,and over Pin Parvati pass to Manikaran.Back to Sagnam for overnighting in homestay.(Takpa's House)
Day 10- Sagnam-Dhanker-Lalung-Kaza(Jeep)
. After breakfast drive to Dhankar (3870m).
.Dhankar is a place of artistical and historical importance. Founded between 7th and the 9th centuries, Dhankar's old temple complex occupies the southern part of the aerial crest on which the old village is built.
.Then after a half an hour visit of Lalung,with another famous old temple
.The tradition says that the site once consisted of nine structures having the same age and function of those of Tabo.The interior of the main chapel is richly decorated and the building is also attributed to Rinchen Zangpo,the Great Translator that is supposed to have built 108 temples in one single night.Few meters away in a small room is housed a beautiful quadruple mud statue of Vairocana,undoubtedly very old.
.Return to Kaza
.Overnight at Spiti Sarai.
.After breakfast drive over a spectacular road Langzà,one of the most beautifull villages of Spiti,with stunning views and lots of fossils. Stop at the big Buddha statue and old temple.
.Then proceed to Comic skirting the village of Hikim. Comic monastery is in a magnificent setting and it's made of two separate buildings with some interesting things to see inside.At almost 4500 meters it is the highest in Spiti,just like Comic is the highest village
Return back to Kaza
.Overnight at the hotel Spiti Sarai
Day 12-Kaza-Kunzam pass-Rohtangpass-Manali(Car)
.Early morning departure to Manali.
.Cross over the Kunzum pass
.This pass is about 4590 m high. The panorama from the top is breathtaking. The lofty Chandrabagha Massif can be seen right in front in all its grandeur
.Cross the Rohtang pass, the gateway to Lahaul & Spiti and Ladakh
.Reach manali.Overnight at the hotel Banon Resort or similar.
Day 13-Manali-Full day sightseeing
.Visit of Hadimba Temple,Manu temple and Vashisht hot spring.
.Overnight at the hotel.
.After Breakfast visit Naggar,with its Roerich art gallery,and then lunch inside Naggar Castle,a nicely restored old structure.
.In the early evening transfer to the bus station to catch the bus to Delhi.
Day 15 Delhi
Arrival in Delhi and transfer to the hotel.Rest,and after lunch either shopping or sightseeing.Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight rest.
Day 16 Delhi and departure
Th whole day is dedicated again to shopping or sightseeing,and to make the luggage ready. In the late evening transfer to the international airport and flight back home.
Contact me at: alexspiti at gmail. com